Thursday 3 April 2008

Downing Street

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne Callander“We can find common qualities and common values that have made Britain the country it is. Our belief in tolerance and liberty which shines through British history. Our commitment to fairness, fair play and civic duty.”

Prime Minister - James Gordon Brown (1951- )


On 6 March 2008, I wrote to the Prime Minister for his help / advice. I had no expectation that he would even see my letter let alone provide a response. Many of my previous letters were either ignored or I received a standard letter of acknowledgement.

David Cameron MP, Leader of the Conservative Party, replied, as did Michael Gove MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families, and both acknowledged my suffering and torment. Michael Gove said “I very much sympathise with the terrible position you find yourself in. My heart goes out to you.” Sadly both admitted that Parliamentary Rules prevented them from helping.

In this morning’s post, there was my reply from 10 Downing Street ! My letter had been read by Gordon Brown ! This time he had taken action and had requested a response from the Department for Children, Schools and Families about my case.

You never know without trying what you can achieve. Never give in - that next letter or thought might provide new hope and unexpected results might be achieved !

Visitors