Monday 3 March 2008

Paying The Price

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne CallanderMr. Micawber : Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen, nineteen, six; result, happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds, ought and six; result, misery.

Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870),
David Copperfield, 1849

I remind you that is not a ‘paid holiday’ ... beyond the costs to my health, the destruction of so many aspects of my life and that of my family - paying the price is expensive ... an ‘investment’ that you will not recover !

Remember the nightmare ... even though you are suspended on full salary, the financial losses associated with a false allegation case can be substantial.

Through lack of union support, I have now incurred legal fees in excess of £2,000 and rising.

My partner’s business has been impacted. He is a freelance software developer who runs his own business. Last October, he was forced to rearrange scheduled meetings to support me through the period when I was arrested - the result was that he incurred costs of around £500 and lost two contracts. Since November, my partner has committed most of his time into looking after me and assisting in the preparation of the many reports in defence of my case. He later suffered depression and has not been able to work - incurring business losses to date of around £6,000.

I would estimate by the time of my hearing, 26 March, our total costs will be in excess of £10,000.

Beyond monetary costs; how do you put a price on the loss of Christmas / New Year, damage to health, sleepless nights and a life on hold ? This list of consequential losses is endless ...

What choice do you have ? None ... you must fight and be prepared for the addition of financial fears on top of everything else ... the nightmare gets worse !

Visitors