Sunday 8 February 2009

500 days

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne CallanderIt has been 500 days since the start of my nightmare. 500 days of torture, pain and misery. Over these 500 days both of my parents died.

My mother died in September 2008. She had been so very worried about me and the injustice of my case. It is understandable that I blame her death on those who have relentlessly persecuted me. I blame them too for the fact that my case dominated what was to be the last year of her life.

What really hurts in cases like mine, is that no one stops to consider the utter destructive nature of such a false allegation. It is worse than anything that you might imagine.

If I had committed the crime of which I am accused :

  • I would have failed as a mother and would have resigned immediately.
  • I would have failed as a teacher and would have resigned immediately.
  • I would not have subjected my partner and family to the extreme stress that they have all suffered and would have resigned immediately.
  • I would not have exhausted my life’s savings in legal expenses to defend my case.
  • I would not have subjected myself to the humiliation of undergoing a polygraph examination and at my cost.
  • I would not continue to fight for justice even though the cost to my health is so very high.
I am a God fearing person and I swear by whatever oath that I am innocent. I swear on the sad memory of my parents that I am innocent.

I also swear that I will NOT stop seeking redress and justice; not just for me, but for all those poor souls who are suffering under similar circumstances and regrettably those yet to come in the future.

Visitors